A hostile takeover has just happened to the Copperhead OS Project. Lead developer Daniel Micay has been fired by Copperhead CEO James Donaldson. Micay claims Donaldson is up to no good, and Donaldson says it's Micay who doesn't have the company's best interest in mind. Who's to blame? Was the government part of this? What has been publicly released? Will the CopperheadOS project survive? We break that down for you plus your calls in this week's episode.
-- The Cliff Notes --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from o our podcast dashboard!
-- Stay In Touch --
Find all the resources for this show on the Ask Noah Dashboard
Need more help than a radio show can offer? Altispeed provides commercial IT services and they’re excited to offer you a great deal for listening to the Ask Noah Show. Call today and ask about the discount for listeners of the Ask Noah Show!
asknoah [at] jupiterbroadcasting.com
-- Twitter --Support Ask Noah Show
- Mycroft AI | StartEngine
- Daniel Used ATA Erase to Wipe the Drive — DefCon-Security: Before you do any damage think of everyone that has paid for a service. This is being dealt with the wrong way and completely unprofessionally, i am your biggest fan but this is wrong. Ive gave you my word that it can be sorted amicably but this way can only end one way! Think Daniel Micay: Yes, they paid for a product which included a commitment to protecting them from the fallout from a situation like this. I had an obligation / commitment to protect those signing keys at all costs and to destroy them if I felt they were at risk of compromise which I certainly do.
- Actual Email - Daniel Fired
- CopperheadOS is undergoing a company takeover | Hacker News
- Fix It Clean Auto Service (Indianapolis) — Fix It Clean has experience at an affordable price! Experienced automotive technician with 7 current A.S.E. certifications, knowledge of European, Asian, and Domestic vehicles. Able to make major repairs in shop or will travel to your location to diagnose your concern and make minor repairs. Lock-Out and Jump Starting services provided as well as some minor body repairs. Fix It Clean garage is located on the southern boarder of Carmel, IN. 46280 on Westfield Blvd. Free oil change and tire/brake (disc brake systems only) inspection for first time customers!
- [SOLVED] How to set NOMODESET and other kernel boot options in grub2
- BootOptions - Community Help Wiki
- How this media company became the first to broadcast entirely on Linux | Opensource.com — You don't need a hefty budget for Linux to get on the air—and when you're ready to scale, so is Linux.