Matt Hicks the CEO of Red Hat joins the Ask Noah Show to discuss his hands on approach in his leadership role!
-- During The Show --
- SELF is special
- Community is special
- Live Coverage
- Everyone is back
- Join us on Matrix
04:48 Distro Chooser
- Container Technology
- Trading pain points
- Distro Chooser
- About section
- FAQ section
13:32 News Wire
InkScape v1.3 Beta
Immutable Ubuntu Desktop
Folding@Home & PLEX Platform
16:10 Reddit API
- Reddit raises prices on API access
- Forces 3rd party apps to have subscriptions or die
- Many services are designed to put you in front of eyeballs
- Some reddit communities are going dark
- Some apps are stopping development
- Step in the direction of being too difficult to use
- Network of FOSS and Decentralized tools
- Open technology allows compatibility with new technology
- Join Lemmy
- Lemmy Github
26:48 Matt Hicks
- Red Hat CEO
- What would young Matt Hicks say?
- Managed Services
- Motivation behind subscription model
- Challenges of the new role?
- "Your Lane"
- Positioning Red Hat for the new environment
- Value Prop of Red Hat scaling
- Role of open source
- Falling in love with open source
- How do you plan to leverage your role?
- Is there an advantage to being a US company?
-- The Extra Credit Section --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from our podcast dashboard!
Join us in our dedicated chatroom #GeekLab:linuxdelta.com on Matrix
-- Stay In Touch --
Find all the resources for this show on the Ask Noah Dashboard
Need more help than a radio show can offer? Altispeed provides commercial IT services and they’re excited to offer you a great deal for listening to the Ask Noah Show. Call today and ask about the discount for listeners of the Ask Noah Show!
live [at] asknoahshow.com
-- Twitter --Support Ask Noah Show