Where do you go either at work or in home to for help when you get stuck exploring new technology? Noah and Steve take you through their process. We take your calls, your questions, and look at what's happening in the FOSS world!
-- During The Show --
01:25 Caller Kevin
- Outdoor speakers?
- Outdoor Speaker 1
- Outdoor Speaker 2
- Switch for NDI and Dante
- Cisco SG Series
- The 3560 and 3750 are very common
- IGMP Snooping
- Telos Alliance audio over IP switch configuration
11:15 How to calculate Required Bandwidth? - Bhikhu
16:55 News Wire
Linux & X Processes
Linux Repairs exFAT
Code as Policies
Arch Linux 6.0 ISO
MS Updates CBL-Mariner
Libre Office 7.3 Almost EOL
- Toolkit for reverse engineering malware
- Backs up your etc directory
22:40 Signal Rolls Out "Stories"
- Tech Crunch
- Signal requires phone numbers
- Headed towards being a social network
- Removal of SMS
29:00 Turkeys New Disinformation Law
- Turkey passed a law aimed at curbing disinformation
- Anytime you stop the flow of information you are already loosing the battle
- The solution to misinformation is more true information
- Vaguely-worded law
- today we have the tools to combat censorship
- ANY TIME that the government can/should/will/might take down content it doesn't agree with, we've limited free speach.
34:00 Where to find information
- Red Hat Knowledge Base
- Altispeed's internal knowledge base
- Run Books
- Project's forums or chat room
- Keep in mind, People are volunteering their time
- Give as much information as possible
- Approach from a place a learning
- Don't just say "it doesn't work"
- How do you evaluate source credibility?
- Networking is the value of in person events
49:50 Please write in
- We are doing a storage episode
-- The Extra Credit Section --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from our podcast dashboard!
Join us in our dedicated chatroom #GeekLab:linuxdelta.com on Matrix
-- Stay In Touch --
Find all the resources for this show on the Ask Noah Dashboard
Need more help than a radio show can offer? Altispeed provides commercial IT services and they’re excited to offer you a great deal for listening to the Ask Noah Show. Call today and ask about the discount for listeners of the Ask Noah Show!
live [at] asknoahshow.com
-- Twitter --Support Ask Noah Show