January 18th, 2022
53 mins 53 secs
About this Episode
You filled this hour with questions, we spent the hour answering them. From VLANS to point to point radios, this episode has something for everyone.
-- During The Show --
02:27 Response to VPN - Charlie
- No "private mobile provider"
05:54 Why Default to VPNs - Ray
- Constant VPN Connection
- ISPs harvest your data
- VPN companies are motivated to protect your privacy
- Threat Modeling
- Deep Packet Inspection/ Man in the Middle
14:28 Wireguardian - Dennis
16:40 LUKS, EFI and Dual Boot - Josh
- Boot Partition must be un-encrypted?
- Evil maid attack
20:50 Remote Control Electric Motor - Jimmy
- Frequency Spectrum
- LORA, MQTT
29:35 User Responds to Spreadsheets - Paul
- Lots of "native apps" are just "wrapped web apps"
- Only Office backend
32:46 Another User Responds to Spreadsheets - Erik
34:10 Vlans, WiFi, Baby Cam, Virtualization
- Unifi APs
- Unifi Setup
- Multiple APs for performance
- Axis WiFi Camera
- Synology Disk Station + Surveillance Station
- Zone Minder/Motion Eye OS
- Raspberrypi Zero 2 + Webcam
- Value in running Open Source at home
- Red Hat Value Add
-- The Extra Credit Section --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from our podcast dashboard!
This Episode's Podcast Dashboard
Phone Systems for Ask Noah provided by Voxtelesys
Join us in our dedicated chatroom #GeekLab:linuxdelta.com on Matrix
-- Stay In Touch --
Find all the resources for this show on the Ask Noah Dashboard
Need more help than a radio show can offer? Altispeed provides commercial IT services and they’re excited to offer you a great deal for listening to the Ask Noah Show. Call today and ask about the discount for listeners of the Ask Noah Show!
live [at] asknoahshow.com
-- Twitter --Support Ask Noah Show