WireGuard with Jason Donenfeld
April 21st, 2020
1 hr 4 mins 21 secs
About this Episode
Jason Donenfeld lead developer joins us this hour to discuss WireGuard, an extremely simple yet fast and modern VPN that utilizes state-of-the-art cryptography. is an extremely simple yet fast and modern VPN that utilizes state-of-the-art cryptography.
-- The Extra Credit Section --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from our podcast dashboard!
This Episode's Podcast Dashboard
Phone Systems for Ask Noah provided by Voxtelesys
Join us in our dedicated chatroom #AskNoahShow on Freenode!
-- Stay In Touch --
Find all the resources for this show on the Ask Noah Dashboard
Need more help than a radio show can offer? Altispeed provides commercial IT services and they’re excited to offer you a great deal for listening to the Ask Noah Show. Call today and ask about the discount for listeners of the Ask Noah Show!
live [at] asknoahshow.com
-- Twitter --Support Ask Noah Show
- iPhone 7 boots postmarketOS, becomes the first Apple Linux smartphone
- How to Setup Wireguard (Video Tutorial)
- WireGuard: fast, modern, secure VPN tunnel — WireGuard® is an extremely simple yet fast and modern VPN that utilizes state-of-the-art cryptography. It aims to be faster, simpler, leaner, and more useful than IPsec, while avoiding the massive headache. It intends to be considerably more performant than OpenVPN. WireGuard is designed as a general purpose VPN for running on embedded interfaces and super computers alike, fit for many different circumstances. Initially released for the Linux kernel, it is now cross-platform (Windows, macOS, BSD, iOS, Android) and widely deployable. It is currently under heavy development, but already it might be regarded as the most secure, easiest to use, and simplest VPN solution in the industry.
- Support Wireguard — We're extremely grateful for all donations, which enable us to continue developing WireGuard as free open source software. We are happy to receive donations from interested companies who would like to see WireGuard development continue and thrive, as well as individual donations from folks who would simply like to say "thanks". By popular demand, you can now donate to WireGuard development via several means. Don't hesitate to ask us for stickers.
- Ring 0 of fire: Does Riot Games’ new anti-cheat measure go too far? | Ars Technica
- Sony sued over DRM “rootkit” | Ars Technica — Under a subject line containing the words "Photo approval," a hacker has mass-mailed the so-called Stinx-E trojan virus to British email addresses, said British anti-virus firm Sophos. When recipients click on an attachment, they install malware, which may tear down the firewall and gives hackers access to a PC. The malware hides by using Sony software that is also hidden -- the software would have been installed on a computer when consumers played Sony's copy-protected music CDs.
- wg-dynamic - Dynamic configuration daemons for WireGuard
- Amazon.com: StarTech.com 4 Port PCI SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Adapter Card with SATA/SP4 Power - Quad Port PCI USB 3 Controller Card (PCIUSB3S4),Red: Computers & Accessories