Data collection and mass surveillance is all over the news and media. We dive into the specific tools and techniques you can use to stay safe from prying eyes and reclaim your privacy!
-- The Extra Credit Section --
ffmpeg -y -i input.mov -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:v libx264 -preset medium -b:v 700k -pass 1 -threads 12 -an -f mp4 /dev/nullSecond Pass
ffmpeg -i input.mov -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:v libx264 -preset medium -b:v 700k -pass 2 -threads 12 -c:a libfdk_aac -b:a 192k output.mp4
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from our podcast dashboard!
Join us in our dedicated chatroom #AskNoahShow on Freenode!
-- Stay In Touch --
Find all the resources for this show on the Ask Noah Dashboard
Need more help than a radio show can offer? Altispeed provides commercial IT services and they’re excited to offer you a great deal for listening to the Ask Noah Show. Call today and ask about the discount for listeners of the Ask Noah Show!
live [at] asknoahshow.com
-- Twitter --Support Ask Noah Show
- Human skin cell phone case can be tickled, caressed | WFLA — The project is a team effort by researchers from France and England. It uses silicone to mimic the feel of skin and sensors to ‘feel’ your touch. The case can detect and differentiate tickling, pinching, and caressing. The skin can even send signals to the phone, which can then respond with emojis.
- Inception Metasploit integration - Breaknenter — I’ve also added one, major functionality: The ability to implant Metasploit payloads directly into the target memory in a stable fashion. This means that you now can use Inception to implant any payload available in the Metasploit framework into the memory and have it execute there with SYSTEM privileges. No interaction required on the target machine. Plug in a FireWire cable, run Inception, and pwn.
- grsecurity — Grsecurity® is an extensive security enhancement to the Linux kernel that defends against a wide range of security threats through intelligent access control, memory corruption-based exploit prevention, and a host of other system hardening that generally require no configuration.
- Donate Now | GNOME Patent Troll Defense Fund by GNOME Foundation — Patent Troll Defense Fund
- GNOME files defense against patent troll – GNOME — A month ago, GNOME was hit by a patent troll for developing the Shotwell image management application. It’s the first time a free software project has been targeted in this way, but we worry it won’t be the last. Rothschild Patent Imaging, LLC offered to let us settle for a high five figure amount, for which they would drop the case and give us a licence to carry on developing Shotwell. This would have been simple to do so; it would have caused less work, cost less money, and provided the Foundation a lot less stress. But it also would be wrong. Agreeing to this would leave this patent live, and allow this to be used as a weapon against countless others. We will stand firm against this baseless attack, not just for GNOME and Shotwell, but for all free and open source software projects.