This week on the show we talk about everything from DMX lighting on Linux to USB-C. We take an interesting question from a listener who has a massive virtual desktop infrastructure project and he asks Noah if Linux can handle this project or if he should stick with Windows
-- The Cliff Notes --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from o our podcast dashboard!
-- Stay In Touch --
Find all the resources for this show on the Ask Noah Dashboard
Need more help than a radio show can offer? Altispeed provides commercial IT services and they’re excited to offer you a great deal for listening to the Ask Noah Show. Call today and ask about the discount for listeners of the Ask Noah Show!
asknoah [at] jupiterbroadcasting.com
-- Twitter --
- Isard VDI GitHub
- GNOME Is Removing the Ability to Launch Binary Apps from Nautilus - OMG! Ubuntu! — GNOME developer Carlos Soriano made the commit referenced above. In it, he reasons that without a desktop on which to place app shortcuts and binaries the express need to launch apps using Nautilus is ‘not as useful’ as it once was. After all, the GNOME Shell desktop comes with a full-screen app launcher by default, and a slate of third-party app menu extensions are available. Apps should be launched from an app launcher, and the file manager should manage files Plus, for those who can put up with its slow start-up times — which is being worked on this cycle — the GNOME Software store offers ‘launch’ buttons beside apps you have installed. “It was [once] common for apps to be delivered in a tarball, nowadays that’s out of question,” Soriano says. “Not only that, but we are moving towards a more sandboxed system, and we should use the standard and system wide support for launching apps based on users choices.”
- DMXking ultraDMX Micro USB DMX adapter/dongle: Musical Instruments
- Chauvet DJ SlimPar 56 LED Slim Par Can Pro RGB Lighting Effects + DMX Cables: Musical Instruments
- Q Light Controller Plus download | SourceForge.net
- Disk2vhd - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs
- Virtual Host Setup
- Dell WD15 Monitor Dock 4K with 130W Adapter, USB-C, (450-AFGM, 6GFRT): Computers & Accessories