Certificates issued by Let's Encrypt will soon be signed solely by their own root certificate. It's problematic because of the lack of Android updates. Apple has released two ARM based Macs, there's a potential replacement for SCP and a stellar release of Gimp with support for Hi-DPI
-- The Extra Credit Section --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from our podcast dashboard!
Join us in our dedicated chatroom #AskNoahShow on Freenode!
-- Stay In Touch --
Find all the resources for this show on the Ask Noah Dashboard
Need more help than a radio show can offer? Altispeed provides commercial IT services and they’re excited to offer you a great deal for listening to the Ask Noah Show. Call today and ask about the discount for listeners of the Ask Noah Show!
live [at] asknoahshow.com
-- Twitter --Support Ask Noah Show
- How To Backup And Restore Linux With Timeshift - It's FOSS
- Ubuntu 20.04 System Backup and Restore - LinuxConfig.org
- Sign Up | SparkPost
- Fallout from upcoming Let's Encrypt certificate changes [LWN.net] — As described in this Let's Encrypt blog entry, certificates issued by Let's Encrypt will soon be signed solely by that organization's own root certificate, which is accepted by all modern browsers. There is one little catch, though: versions of Android prior to 7.1.1 (released in late 2016) do not recognize that certificate and will start throwing errors. "Currently, 66.2% of Android devices are running version 7.1 or above. The remaining 33.8% of Android devices will eventually start getting certificate errors when users visit sites that have a Let’s Encrypt certificate. In our communications with large integrators, we have found that this represents around 1-5% of traffic to their sites." There appears to be little to be done about this problem other than to encourage owners of older Android devices to install Firefox.
- Standing on Our Own Two Feet - Let's Encrypt - Free SSL/TLS Certificates
- How to Setup SSL For Free
- How to configure the LDAP Authentication and Lookup plugin - osTicket Forum
- Home - Core Infrastructure Initiative
- Amazon.com: USB C Charger, RAVPower 65W 4-Port Desktop USB Charging Station [GaN Power Tech] with 2 USB C Ports + 2 USB A Ports for MacBook Pro/Air, Dell XPS 13, iPad Pro, iPhone, Nintendo Switch, Galaxy and More
- Amazon.com: USB C Charger, RAVPower 65W 4-Port Desktop USB Charging Station [GaN Power Tech] with 2 USB C Ports + 2 USB A Ports for MacBook Pro/Air, Dell XPS 13, iPad Pro, iPhone, Nintendo Switch, Galaxy and More — 45W and iPad Pro at 18W
- Deprecation of scp protocol and improving sftp client
- jjelen/openssh-sftp Copr
- Deprecating scp [LWN.net]