Frank Karlitschek Managing Director and Founder of NextCloud joins Noah to discuss the progress that NextCloud has made and how the community has shaped his views and goals. Funding costs have LibreOffice considering a "enterprise" vs "personal" edition, plus a device that will alert you to voice assistants spying on you!
-- The Extra Credit Section --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from our podcast dashboard!
Join us in our dedicated chatroom #AskNoahShow on Freenode!
-- Stay In Touch --
Find all the resources for this show on the Ask Noah Dashboard
Need more help than a radio show can offer? Altispeed provides commercial IT services and they’re excited to offer you a great deal for listening to the Ask Noah Show. Call today and ask about the discount for listeners of the Ask Noah Show!
live [at] asknoahshow.com
-- Twitter --Support Ask Noah Show
- This device keeps Alexa and other voice assistants from snooping on you | Ars Technica — The prototype hardware consists of a Raspberry Pi 3B connected by Ethernet to the local network. It's also connected by a headphone jack to a PAM8403 amplifier board, which in turn connects to a single generic 3W speaker. The device captures network traffic using a TP-LINK TL-WN722N USB Wi-Fi dongle that creates a wireless access point using hostapd and dnsmasq as the DHCP server. All wireless IoT devices in the vicinity will then connect to that access point.
- Understanding The 'Splinternet' | Techdirt
- Friction, snake oil, and weird countries: Cybersecurity systems could deepen global inequality through regional blocking - Anne Jonas, Jenna Burrell, 2019
- Add videos as wallpaper on your Linux desktop | Opensource.com
- Dell UltraSharp 34 Curved Ultrawide Monitor: U3415W | Dell USA